Reporting to the OSH-ISH Industrial Hygiene (IH) Team Lead, this position will be responsible for: Assisting OSH-ISH Industrial Hygiene Professionals in the development and implementation of IH programs. Employee will also be expected to become familiar with the contents of our IH and Safety policies.
This position is required to promote safety, security, and quality in all operations; promote teamwork within and across the Laboratory; collaborate with other members of the Ergonomics Program, Industrial Safety and Hygiene, Deployed Services, Weapons Production, and promote a positive work environment while delivering exceptional customer service.
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements
- Working knowledge of and experience with industrial hygiene and safety hazards and the application of controls.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures pertaining to industrial hygiene and safety, including 29 CFR 1910 and 1926.
- Skills to communicate major elements of industrial hygiene/safety to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Working knowledge of and experience with industrial hygiene/safety risk assessments and corrective actions.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively within a team environment and provide excellent customer service.
High School diploma and two to four years prior experience in Industrial Hygiene and Safety or related fields.
- Knowledge of industrial hygiene sampling equipment and media.
- Experience performing industrial hygiene air monitoring and collecting bulk samples
- Working knowledge of ACGIH TLV’s
- Scientific/regulatory literature research skills
- Strong organizational skills across multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated effective communication and negotiation skills